The pause internet feature allows you to pause access to the internet for users connected to the Hub. However, at times you may find the internet working for a couple of minutes after you have paused it. This could happen because of one or more of the following reasons:
- The websites are loading from the cache and displaying previously accessed data. Websites usually tend to store cache to reduce loading time and this causes the pause internet functionality to take a few minutes to reflect. We recommend waiting a couple of minutes.
- The pause feature does not stop access to an existing web page. Only when you refresh the page or navigate away from that page would you experience the internet not working due to the pause internet functionality.
- Similarly, if you have paused the internet while away from home it might take a few minutes to reflect and actually pause the internet at home. Please wait a couple of minutes and verify if the internet is paused.
Note that you can pause the internet for school-owned devices only if you are a SmartPac user. It is not available for DNS users at this time. Click here to learn more.
If the problem persists, contact Support via our parent support channel with the following information and we will follow up as soon as possible:
- Short description of the problem/error.
- What kind of device is not pausing?
Once we get your inquiry we will reply ASAP.